The following steps will change the profile picture that appears in Outlook, Skype and elsewhere for an Office 365 user.
The last time I attempted this it did not work in Firefox for some reason, I ended up using the Edge browser.
- Logon to the “Exchange admin center” as an administrator https://outlook.office365.com/ecp
- In the upper right select your profile picture and then select “Another user” from the drop down
- Find the user you wish to modify and click OK.
- Click the “Mail” link in the top right
- Click the users account picture in the top right, and then click change.
- Select “Upload photo” and browse to the desired picture
- Click Save
Alternatively you can use PowerShell.
Connecting to Office 365
$UserCredential = Get-Credential
$Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://outlook.office365.com/powershell-liveid/ -Credential $UserCredential -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection
Setting the User Photo
Change the name and picture path as needed.
Set-UserPhoto “John Smith” -PictureData ([System.IO.File]::ReadAllBytes(“C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\JohnSmith.jpg”))